Recession Proof Business.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Obedience is a rare quality.

Jeremiah 7:22-24
For when I brought your ancestors out of Egypt and spoke to them, I did not just give them commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices, but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you. But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubborn inclinations of their evil hearts. They went backward and not forward.

This is one of the many verses that displays that obedience is greater than sacrifice. God’s desire for Israel was that they would obey Him. Today, consider whether you are obedient to God. Your heart will have “inclinations of evil”, but when it does you must turn to Him for strength! The goal on this earth is not the absence of temptation, but practicing reliance upon God that is stronger than any temptation that will come against you. Obedience is perfected in relationship, and right action comes from a right relationship with God.

Verse/Commentary courtesy of 'Verse-A-Day' android app.
http://market.android.com/details?id=com.idelata.VerseADayFree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low on cash? Make money selling Big Ticket Items!

Size: 300 X 250 pixels