Recession Proof Business.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Don't take bad advice.

Job 13:13-16
Keep silent and let me speak; then let come to me what may. Why do I put myself in jeopardy
and take my life in my hands? Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him; I will surely defend my ways to his face. Indeed, this will turn out for my deliverance, for no godless person would dare come before him!

Most times we have made great errors in our lives people were involved whether they be friends or family members. Many people for example, would have still be virgins before marriage but due to peer pressure gave in and now regret doing so today. How many people have divorced due to external influences, how many people are smoking, drinking and taking drugs due to the influence of someone. It is not wrong to take advice but pray before following it. Great decisions have also be made by following advice from those who know you best!

After we hear some bad advice from Job’s friends (Job 4-12), we see here his response. Take a moment today and consider Job’s statement in verse 15, “God might kill me, but I have no other hope.”(NLT) In that statement, Job shows us a desperate dependence on God for everything. He recognizes that he has no hope separate from God Himself, and cries out to God honestly! Bring all that you are to God, do not “fake it” or hold back with Him. Lord, we are desperate for you! Praise God that you receive us as we are, and not only as we ought to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low on cash? Make money selling Big Ticket Items!

Size: 300 X 250 pixels