Recession Proof Business.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Saved by the blood.

Luke 22:15-20
And he said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God.” After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, “Take this and divide it among you. For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.” And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Today is about communion. We practice it to remember Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he made through his body and blood. It is by His blood that the new covenant is set in place; the new covenant that you are saved by grace through faith in Christ alone! His body was given for you. The cup (Christ’s blood) was poured out for you. Christ’s life was not TAKEN, it was GIVEN – for you. When we eat and drink in this way, we do so remembering that it was our sin that held Him on that cross, and that He conquered that sin and death and is now alive! You have been set free! Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low on cash? Make money selling Big Ticket Items!

Size: 300 X 250 pixels